October is National Pet Wellness Month - speak to your veterinarian to be sure your pet has all the requirements for a healthy life.
Your pet health is your responsibility so here is some tips to help:
- Make certain your pet has regular veterinarian visits.
- Take your dog for walks. It’s great for his health and yours!
- Play with your cats to assure they are entertained and active
- Feed your pets —a healthy diet. Avoid table scraps and “people food” unless your pet loves fruits and vegetables, then those are an ideal training treat.
- Keep your pet’s collar on and her tag and your contact information up to date. If your pet is microchipped, make certain that your contact information on there is current.
- Keep your dog leashed to keep him safe when you’re on walks.
- Invest in puppy training. It will make a difference in the happy life you and your pet have together. Remember, if you’re adopting an older dog you can teach them new tricks; sign them up for training classes as well.
- If you have a senior pet, ask your vet if you need to change his diet or exercise routine.
- Don’t forget to clean your pet’s teeth. Dental care is extremely important and often forgotten about.
Enjoy your dogs, cats or whatever pet brightens your life. Keep them happy, healthy and well!